The Hurdman Rail Bridge is located on the Rideau River near downtown Ottawa. It was built in 1909 and abandoned in 1966. It was converted to a pedestrian bridge in the 1970's connecting Lees Ottawa University Campus to the Vanier Parkway.
Detailed history of the Hurdman Rail Bridge:
This bridge was authorized by BRC order 7503 on the 9th of July 1909.
Order 7945 was made on September 2, 1909 and approved by the Hamilton Bridge Company.
It was opened on December 03, 1909 and saw low use until closed with the abandonment of the CNR Hurdman line on June 17, 1966.
Location ID #BR0052