Ruins Of Ottawa's past are on display within the community of Rockcliffe park.
Carnegie Library Columns - 1906:
These columns are from the former Carnegie Public Library of Ottawa (Later renamed Ottawa Public Library), which stood at the corner of Laurier Avanue and Metcalfe Street until its demolition in the early 1970's.
This library unveiled in 1906 by Andre Carnegie, was the only Carnegie library in Ontario unveiled by the American benefactor.
Soper's Fountain - 1912:
This fountain was purchased by Warren Soper at the Paris Salon in 1912 where it was awarded the "Prix de Paris". It was donated to the National Capital Commission when the nearby Soper Property was sold in 1960.
Mr. Soper was a pioneering entrepreneur who opened the first telephone exchange in Ottawa in 1880 and the first electric street railway in 1891.